Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sunday is a church day!




Picture 1 : Two people are leading the meeting through ppt.
Picture2 : With a red bag, someone is helping collecting everyone's note of prayers and thankfulness.
Picture 3 : Everyone has opportunity to play instruments in the band to help with the worship songs.
How come I get the layout of the pix so weird!!??
Hahaha.... "It's not perfect here, but it's real!" +_+! Anyway, I don't how deal with the pix .
  • Today, I had a pleasant time at two churches although it took me 7-8hrs.
    My body was getting tired, but my heart was full of joy. I was pleased, and I guess Christ was pleased, too.

    I like to go to church and talk to friends at church, and I always expect the coming of Sunday.
    However, lying on the bed thinking of going two churches in one day and , I felt like saying” wow, what a day". So, I was late for the meeting at the first church. I missed the worship songs. It's a pity, because some of my friends at church did have heavenly sounds.

    When I came in, a man who led the meeting was using Bible to talk about the characteristics of the Devil.
    Here are parts of them.
    1. The Devil is a liar. (Man is the Devil? Just kidding.) John 8:44
    2. Satan deceived the whole world. (Revelation 12:13)
    3.Even Satan can disguise himself to look like an angel of light! 2Co 11:14
    4. We lose our confidence because "Satan has received permission to test all of you, to separate the good from the bad." Luke 22:31-32

    Whoop~, Bible is awesome because it works out in human's life. Today's sermon at the first church got me think of a book ( in Chinese version) that I have been reading recently and haven’t finished reading it yet.
    It's "Talking to yourself” written by Dr. Pamela E. Bulter, who working as a psychologist in California. The book said talking to oneself is not easy because everyone will be confused by the "alter ego" that produces fear and criticism. (I guess Bible calls this the Devil)
    "Alter ego" tells us what to do and what not to do and what is right and wrong. We learned this from the parents. The viewpoint of parents will make an important role in developing the alter egos. Whether the function of your alter ego would be to judge (a judge) or to support (a leader) will be deeply influenced by how the parents estimate your. The too-perfect standard set up by alter ego ((a judge) will please others, but it won't please you a lot of times. It wants you to do things perfectly, be quick, to please others, try hard, and be strong!!
    You will feel like what you have done is never enough although you did a good job and did a lot of thing.

    Yeeee. As a developing Christian, I want to cry out "My alter ego is a Satan!" and "How insightful Bible is."
    Bible works out from generation to generation. I will study it hard!

    After the sermon and worship songs in the end, we were grouped to preach outside the church because this week is the first week of May. I was ready for people to refuse and make a excuse like "I don't have time. Sorry. Blah..Blah..Blah" So, I went to NTU campus with my friends and some booklets to start to preach for the first time! At first, people rejected us as I expected. At the end, we were so lucky to have three college students listen to us and ask questions. They asked smartly, such as “what God’s plan is” and “I can make decision on my own, so why do I have to pray to God?” My friends have been at church for years, so they help to explain four spiritual laws. Again, as a developing Christian, I shared my experience and books I read so far. Since they are Chinese, what Chinese is all about is blood relationship. Chinese have very strong faith in family. I started from this point. We talked about how traditional values of Chinese culture are spread through the sweet burden "Home" to control a Chinese. Chinese values are based on Confucian and get moralized by Confusion. Everyone has fixed roles to play, and Confusion has set up a super-perfect rule of how to play the roles for every Chinese who is actually imperfect. So, Chinese follow the rule which cannot work out at all. If a Chinese doesn't follow Chinese values, they will hear the public or the neighbor gossiping that "Hey, how come he is immoral by doing that way." In order to please the family and the society, we study hard, make money, care about others' feelings, work hard, and get faithful in parents' words and expectations. As Taiwan economy developed into different stage from the past, the traditional values of Chinese culture are challenged and shaken. Some stick to the old values, and some search for Savior outwardly, such as sex, drugs, higher educations, relationships with men/women, money, faithful in famous brands (LV, Gucci...), and so on.
  • So, I suggested the 3 students t not to search God outwardly, but inwardly. Receive Jesus, and Jesus will live inside of the heart.
  • One young man of these students asked a smart question. He asked, “So, the ideas of Christianity are similar to the ideas of Chuang Tzu, a famous Chinese philosopher. Why do I have to believe God then?” I replied, “You may find the answers if you start to build your relationship with God by going to church.” I didn’t know whether he will visit church or not, but I was glad he asked so many questions. We had a pleasant chat, and I can see his potential. May God bless him?!

  • After talking to these 3 students, we went back to church to share the result and experiences. I love this best. I love sharing what I think to people of the same faith. They always listen carefully and give positive response. I talked a lot. I was grateful, joyful, and contented talking and listening at the first church.
    It’s pity that I couldn’t stay longer to listen to all friends’ experiences like what I did in the past weeks. I rushed to the second church after I talked and listen to some of them.

No comments: