Friday, May 11, 2007

Nothing is gonna change my love for you, Mom!


Yeah..that's my mom! This shot was taken when my dad and mom was on their honeymoon.I guess she was around 23 years old in this picture, but I am not sure. Although time has brought her beauty into different stages, she did not look as young as she was. No matter what stage she is in, I always think she is the most beautiful women in the world and I always love her. Time won't change my love for her.



I has been told that my mom and I look pretty much alike. When I am told about this news, I am very pleased because I love my mom and she is very beautiful to in my eyes. When I was little, I just looked like my niece, and my mom also think so. I put her picture in the right side of that picture, so that you may have a rough idea about what I looked like. :) Isn't she cute? I love her.


My mom is deeply influenced by the values of Chinese cultures, so she tries her best to play her role well, and she did a quite good job in playing her roles.

  • She is a good mother.
Her hands are made of magic. The food she cooks is definetely out of the world. (I meant it tastes so good. ) She tries to support me in any way she can!




  • She was a good dauhter.
  • She is a good wife. She's very surportive to my dad.
  • She is a good daughter-in-law and good sister-in-law.
  • She is a good neighbor.
  • She is a good empolyee.
  • She takes care the need of everyone she knows.
No matter what role you are in, Mom I want you to know that I wish you are happy and in joy!

I havn't gone home for about 10 weeks, and I don't plan to go home this semester although I miss her. From the phonecall the other day, I could tell she missed me much.

Mother's Day is around the corner! (It's said to be this Sunday, isn't it?) Recently, I think of my mom often and miss her very much. The other day I talked to a good friend that how sorry I felt for the misunderstanding and conflict between my parents and I might be caused by my new faith. When talking about this, I found I love them very much, and my change of faith is partly because of my love for my parents! (Unbelievable) It's an amazing finding. The feeling of my love for them became real at that moment when I talked about how sorry I felt that our love cannot be transmitted to each other’s heart directly due to the values of Chinese culture.

The tradition values of Chinese cultures stand in the middle like a big and rigid wall between my parents and I. I love my parents, and I know they also love me very much. However, their faith in the traditional values of Chinese culture turns their love to be an unbearable sweet burden to me! My dad likes to control everything and to be so involved in my decisions of life. I feel like escaping away from my home. (Even though I am out of home going to university, their voices and thinking becomes the alter ego of mine keeping influencing me in any way. It is inescapable.)

My parents have felt so frustrated and depressed just because I couldn't follow their words. A lot of times, I remeber and think of a bitter image. In the image, they turn their back, put one hand on the forehead, and shake their heads after a fierce quarre bwteen parents and I l, and this image had haunted me and made me feel painful, sorry, unworthy of being loved and gave me feelings of hatred and self-accusation. Actually, I was hoping to follow all their words and expectations, and I did. When I did that, I didn't have 100 percent passion to work on it, and what I did it was just to please them. When I was so unwilling to do what they expected, I guess I was hurting them in another way because I asked a lot from them. They support me in all ways because I was being good and obedient to obey them, but I could see they are tired and I am tired, too. If I kept following the path which they wished me to, I will feel very empty if they leave me into another world. If I kept follow their plan, I may get married with a person whose value is just like my parents. In that kind of marriage, I will feel unhappy and hurt.That way, my life will become one of the tragedies caused by the values of Chinese culture.


I thank God for provide me an opportunity to examine what the relationship is going on between my parents and me. From now on, I want to follow the path God directs. (Hope God will leade me to be the person tha He want me to be!)In this path, I will find my meaning of life and feel joyful, and love my family in a way which won't cause any pressure or hurt to each other. I believe my new faith is gonna help me to love myself and parents in the way that nobody will get hurt. Although at first my parents may have the misunderstanding that I am not filial, it's ok. I hope someday in the future God will let them know no matter where I will be, what decision I will make, and how differently I will change, I still love them and hope to love them in a better way. I hope someday God will let them understand different values and different path that I follow won't change my love for them because what I do is all because of love. (Set me and you free, and we can express our love in a more healthier and purely way! No control, no obey blindly, no overprotect, and no hurt!)

I love you, Mom, VERY MUCH!

Happy Mother's Day! Be Happy (and healthy) Every Day!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Your mom is so cute!!! You definitely look like her. What a heart-felt entry, Claire!!! :)

A person said...

Thanks, KT!!! You words is always an encouragement to me!!!