Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Pray for This Summer Plan




Dear Lord Jesus,


I've been becoming more familiar with You as I exchanged ideas of Christianity with my friends.
The better I know You, the more I love You! I have received You as my Savior so far. Now, I am indecisive on my summer plan, and I need You to give me Your wisdom to make a right choice for the plan of my summer vacation. When I surfed on the internet in this evening, I found a cool opportunity for my summer plan. It will be teaching at Pu-Tai Elementary and Junior High School as an English teacher's assistant. There will be groups of teachers from Fresh Meadow Elementary School, New York. These teachers are going to fly all the way to Taiwan this summer to help students learn in a circumstance full of English for a month. They will need several assistants who are good at English and Chinese to help with the communication between children and teachers. This project sounds fun and interesting to me because I was searching for something new and different to try in this summer and I could help people. If I will be just needed as an assistant, I won't teach. This is a news to me because I don't enjoy teaching.
However, although this project attracts me somehow, I am hesitating a little bit right now.
Here are the reasons:
1. This elementary school believes in Buddhism because its founder is a well-known monk.
2. The teaching philosophy of this school is based on the ideas of Confucian and Buddhism, which is what I am avoiding. If they want me to translate any god of Buddhism to students, should I just say "Jesus Christ”? (Just kidding. I guess I will make people feel dumbfounded if I do so.)
3. I am expected to fill out my religion in the application form. I would like to write "Christianity" on it, but I will be in a risk of losing this opportunity. They may not like to choose a Christian as a assistant. Whatever, if so, I think God has a better plan for me. I am proud to be a Christian.
4. The school will provide vegetable foods. (Should I bring some meat or fast noodles furtively? Or shall I take a pig/a chicken and persuade them it is just my pet? Just kidding. )
5. I have fear.
Should I just send out the application form without a second thought and get the second thought back when I really get hired?

I am really indecisive right now.
I don't whether this project is what God wants for me. If God wishes me to get involved in this project, I will definitely head to the school without fear,hesitation, and pets.(of course.+_+!) in this summer.
Jesus Lord, please make me the kind of person you want me to do and help me make a right choice.
In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Claire, you are hilarious!!! "Should I take a pig/a chicken and pursuade them it is just my pet?" HAHAHA!!!!

On a more serious note, I love this prayer. I think you are on the right track and you are praying about it which is great. :)

A person said...

Haha, I am glad that you understand my sense of humor. I like to make my friends laugh.  Thanks for letting me know that I am on the right track to God. It really encourages me to “blog” a lot! You are a very supportive friend!! I love your comment!