Sunday, April 29, 2007

Suggested Prayers






"Pray at all times." (1 Thes. 5:17) (Good News BIBLE in Todays' English Version)



"God knows your heart, and is not so concerned with your words as He is with the attidtude of your heart."
I totally agree with the sentence that I found in the booklet of FOUR SPIRITUAL LAWS.
Words can be deceiving at times, but heart is honest all the time.
I will give my heart to talk to God through prayers. I don't know when God will anwer my prayer, but I will keep doing it.




I am not familiar enough with the way of talking to God. So, I am going to make my own prayer according to the suggested forms of prayer listed in the following. :)


I found 2 suggested prayers :






  • Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sin and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to do. In Jesus name, Amen.


  • God, I want a life of adventure! Jesus, I invite You into my heart and ask You to be Lord of my life. Direct my path. Increase my faith. Help me to make the right decisions about my future. Thank you for sending your Holy Spirit to be with me and guid me. In Jesus name, Amen.


Here's the chinese version:





  • 神阿/主耶穌阿/親愛的天父, (To call the name of Jesus first)


  • 我需要妳.我願意打開心門接受耶穌作我的就主和生命的主. (To express your acceptance of Jesus)


  • 感謝你赦免我的罪 (To be thankful to Jesus)


  • 求你管理我的ㄧ生,使我成為你所喜悅的人 (To express your need and "ask for anything that you wish")


  • 奉主耶穌的名禱告,阿門 (In Jesus name, Amen.)

Humm... It looks like talking to God is not that complicated as I thought.

Good to know that! I will talk a lot then. :)





No comments: