Monday, June 11, 2007

A Visit to Taipei Jade Market




Thanks to the class,"Appreciation of Gems", I just visited Taipei Jianguo Jade Market in this afternoon .
It's amazing, and I love it. I've never been there, so I was so excited about eveything in Jade Mareket ! It is said to contain 873 jade stalls in the market, so it is one of biggest jade markets in Asia.
I was really amazed with its big size, the varity of the products, and the amount of its visitors!! After I got lost in MRT station, I finally reached the entrace of Taipei Jade Marekt. Before getting into the entrance, I could almost feel the lively atmosphere inside the jade market. There were full of people, foreingers, connoisseurs disscussing gems and jades in front of stalls with fervor.
There are so many jades, Jadeite, gems, crystals, corals, agates, accessories made of silver for sale. Most of them are not easy for me to recognise because I didn't work and learn hard in this class. +_+! I wish I could go to that class every time, so that I wouldn't always ask stupid questions to the stallmen. However, they are still kind to answer any question.

Actually, I am not that interested in jade because it's not popular for young people to wear jade in moder times in Taiwan. So, I only pay some attention to the jades for me to work on the report. Most of my attention was focused on the accessories made of silver, black achate, Turquoise, and Tourmaline(which has15 beautiful colors for different tourmaline stones.)!







(A collection of jade!)
(I don't prefer jade, but the one in the middle looks good. It made me think of wearing jade might be a cool idea.)
Tourmaline and other precious stones.

Turquoise: my birthstone.


This is my favorite stall. There are so many accessories made of silver . They are mainly from Napal and Thailand. Recently, I found myself look good in folk style sometimes, so I am gonna purchase somethings here next month. kekekeke





Stone carved in the shape of lichee with one real lichee on it.





Opal

I bought my earings in this stall.


I buy that pair of black achate earings to match my cross necklace. kekekeke, I have been looking for suitable earings to match my black cross necklace, and I got it. hahahahaha
hmm.. How come it looked ordinary in the picture!!??? Well.. I guess it's because I am too sleepy right now.
I had better go to bed.

5 comments:

Katie said...

WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that Jade Market!!! That is incredible! I really liked the necklace you circled in yellow, too. Good choice! ;) I thought it was really cute. Also, I really liked the earrings you bought. You must be very trendy (I can tell that you are!)!! It would be cool if they had Jade Markets like that in Texas! :) Although I might spend too much money there... ;)

A person said...

Hahahahahhahaahhahahahah, serioulsly, I cannot stop smiling after reading your comment!!! Haha, they made my day!!!It feels so good that friends see eye to eye on choice of things especially when that friend also have a good taste.(From the ring dance and other pictures, I can tell you do!)
How come you are so encouraging while you are still sick at same time? I forever enjoy your comment!

How do u feel now? Do u get better??
I am a lot better now. I hope you can feel better soon!

Katie said...

I do feel a lot better - I'm still tired kinda, but not as bad! I have lost my voice, though. That's the not fun part! I am also still blowing my nose a lot. But I'm getting better, which is all I really care about!! :)

Anonymous said...

awww, thank God you feel better now,
but I know it would be still hard to live without voices and with a runny nose! I felt like a mermaid when I lost my voice in the past week (as well as humor.) =_=!

I will definitely pray for you.

Btw: Is the picture of ur blog taken by your sister, Kellie? You and Carolyn look gorgeous, and my friend said you two look like stars in that picture!

Katie said...

Yes! Kellie took that picture. We had a photoshoot by the swimming pool in our neighborhood! :) Thanks for your compliments! You are too sweet!